Vapor rubs and oils that you buy in the regular stores are loaded with toxic ingredients, like petroleum jelly and preservatives.
In addition, they can include unsafe ingredients for kids such as peppermint and eucalyptus.
Instead why not make your own? It will be just as effective, and more importantly, safe. In fact, it’s safe enough for pregnant and nursing women to use.
Note: This recipe is for children 1 year and older.
You can try anti-flu massage oils or other homeopathic remedies for smaller children.
What you Need:
-3 oz. (90 ml) Coconut or Almond Oil
-2 Tbsp. Beeswax
-5 drops Balsam Fir essential oil
-5 drops Frankincense essential oil
-5 drops lavender oil
You can also use an immune blend essential oil instead of these 2 essential oils.
Combine the oil and wax in a double boiler.
Melt it on low flame.
Just as the wax melts, switch the flame off.
Add essential oils.
Pour into small metal tins or glass jars. Do not use a plastic container to store this.
This recipe is wonderful to combat a flu. You can use it during a flu, too, to boost your immune system, so the recovery time is less.
Alternatively if you don’t have a double boiler you can:
- Pour the oil and beeswax into a jar.
- Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium low heat.
- Place jar in saucepan and allow oils to melt. Stir to combine.
- Once combined, allow to cool slightly and add in essential oils.
- Pour mixture into metal tins or storage containers and allow to set.